Purchaser (Sales Department)
As a Purchaser for Yorkville Sound you are responsible for procuring items by forwarding/preparing purchase orders directly to suppliers, while evaluating pricing, maintaining accurate inventory levels, managing relationships between suppliers/manufacturers, ensuring products are delivered on time, interpreting reports and helping to predict future sales.
- Handle high volume of supplier accounts
- Monitor email and assist with customer service
- Liaising with other departments to ensure full transparency of inventory and product related issues
- Negotiate prices, quantities and lead times
- Monitor and track shipments (overseas and local)
- Inventory management
- Foster relationships with suppliers/manufactures
- Maintain accurate database of supplier contact/info
- Assisting in sourcing new products/leads
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- College/University education or equivalent experience
- Level 1 Supply Chain Accreditation recommended
- Knowledge of Canadian/US Customs, Duties and Tariffs recommended
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills, understanding of some financing
- Detail oriented individual with a solid ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, individually or as part of a team
- Self-motivated, requires little instruction and minimal supervision
- Above average computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to commit to international travel periodically to fulfill all job related duties
- Bilingual a bonus (primarily French, English, Mandarin)
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
SALARY: Competitive based on experience
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Dental care after 12 months of employment
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Bonus programs that include employee discounts and profit sharing.
- RPP with 2% employer match
- On-site marketplace and outdoor sitting area.
- On-site fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Purchasing: 3 years (preferred)
- Fast paced job that requires lots of walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Large facility therefore excellent time management is required
- Ability to lift and carry 20-40lbs,
- Jobs may frequently require bending, reaching and climbing
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Reliable and punctual.
WORK REMOTELY: No
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Do not send an email here if you are human: Gerroff
Email to apply, click here