Purchaser, Raw Materials (Electronics)
Yorkville Sound is seeking an experienced Raw Material Purchasing person with a focus on electronics components such as PCBs, resistors, capacitors, microprocessors, memory devices and other assorted components required in the assembly of electronic PCBs and final assemblies.
- Purchase within established limits and guidelines via the Material Resources Planning (MRP) system
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding purchasing criteria such as cost, quality and service for new components.
- Prepare purchase orders by reviewing MRP reports.
- Expedite purchasing orders
- Take corrective actions on daily Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMRs) in an efficient manner and ensures they are in correct disposition
- Maintain database accurately using in house custom MRP software, Approved Manufactured List (AML) regarding supplier price and lead time, purchasing orders, buyers’ codes and paperwork relating to quotations and follow ups.
- Obtain Reject Material Authorisation (RMA) from QA and arranges return of rejected materials and electronic parts
- Resolve supplier issues relating to materials quality and finance relating to quality issues, invoicing, payment, over shipment or under shipment
- Scan market to keep informed of commodities and technologies and informs Program Services Managers, Engineering and Quality Assurance team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- ost-secondary school completion in Purchasing or Material Management and a minimum of three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of supply chain experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Team player, with the ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Knowledge of International Purchasing and related issues (currency, tariff, transportation) and experience dealing with International Suppliers.
- Hands on knowledge and experience of purchasing practices and procedures (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of buying principles for Raw Material, MRP system [part numbers, orders, BOMs, demand structure, returned material authorisation (RMA)]
- Proficient in standard MS Office software, with advanced level competency in Excel
- Familiarity of Lean Work Practices
- Strong organizational and housekeeping skills
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
SALARY: Competitive based on experience
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Dental care after 12 months of employment
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Bonus programs that include employee discounts and profit sharing.
- RPP with 2% employer match
- On-site marketplace and outdoor sitting area.
- On-site fitness center.
- Numerous employee-appreciation events throughout the year.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Purchasing: 3 years (preferred)
- Fast paced job that requires lots of walking and standing for long periods of time.
- Large facility therefore excellent time management is required
- Ability to lift and carry 20-40lbs,
- Jobs may frequently require bending, reaching and climbing
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Reliable and punctual.
WORK REMOTELY: No
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Do not send an email here if you are human: Gerroff
Email to apply, click here