Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineers
Located next to Toronto in the GTA, Yorkville Sound is an industry leader with a wide range of professional audio products used primarily in sound reinforcement applications. To expand our next generation of product offerings, we are looking for experienced professionals to fill out our engineering teams.
At Yorkville Sound we are passionate about the products we create. With our products, we make or reproduce music. Our products are used at home and at small and midsize venues. We have a large product line under brand names such as Yorkville, Traynor and ART.
We have been creating and manufacturing products in Canada for over 50 years and have been serving Long & McQuade the largest musical equipment retailer in Canada, along with other distribution partners worldwide.
With over 250 employees, most of our products are designed and manufactured onsite in Pickering, Ontario.
If you are passionate about creating new products, we invite you to consider joining our team.
An integral part of the engineering team, you will be designing and supporting audio products such as powered loudspeakers, audio power amplifiers, audio mixers and processors, headphone and microphone amplifiers, and more.
- Lead or support developing new products based on custom requirements
- Supporting manufacturing and design activities in a vertically integrated facility or
- Working with external contractors to create and manufacture products
Typical tasks can include:
- Creating or supporting engineering plans and documentation
- Designing low frequency switch mode amplifiers or power supplies
- Designing low frequency signal processing hardware
- Designing high speed digital and DSP hardware/firmware
- Modifying and improving existing designs with next generation features and performance
- Developing products with manufacturability, reliability, cost and time constraints
- Creating, conducting or leading product verification tests
- Creating and reviewing documentation required for manufacturing and product support
- More than 5 years' experience in electronics circuit design in industry
- Knowledge and experience with both digital and analog design
- Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and attention to details
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to drive tasks to completion
- Be an effective team player and leader
- Hands on, with ability to effectively work on electrical prototypes
- Flexible and quick to adapt to change
- Experience in bringing products from conception to production
- Experience with studio and commercial audio a plus
- Experience with LED lighting a plus
- Experience with microphones and tubes a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Extended health care, life, and disability benefit package after three months of employment
- Dental plan after 12 months of employment
- Optional pension plan after two years of employment, 2% with company match
- Profit sharing after two years of employment
- On-site fitness facility
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If selected for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
Do not send an email here if you are human: Gerroff
Email to apply, click here