Located next to Toronto, Yorkville Sound is an industry leader with a wide
range of professional audio products used primarily in sound reinforcement
applications. To expand our next generation of product offerings, we are
looking for experienced professionals to fill out our engineering teams.
At Yorkville Sound we are passionate about the products we create. With our
products, we make or reproduce music. Our products are used at home and at
small and midsize venues. We have a large product line under brand names
such as Yorkville, Traynor and ART.
We have been creating and manufacturing products in Canada for over 50
years and have been serving Long & McQuade the largest musical
equipment retailer in Canada, along with other distribution partners.
With over 250 employees, most of our products are designed and manufactured
onsite in Pickering, Ontario.
If you are passionate about creating new products, we invite you to consider joining
An integral part of the enigneering team, you will be designing and supporting
audio products such as powered loudspeakers, audio power amplifiers, audio
mixers and processors, headphone and microphone amplifiers, and more.
- Lead or support developing new products based on custom requirements
- Supporting manufacturing and design activities in a vertically integrated facility
Typical tasks can include
- Creating or supporting engineering plans and documentation
- Designing low frequency switch mode amplifiers or power supplies
- Designing low frequency signal processing hardware
- Designing high speed digital and DSP hardware/firmware
- Developing products with manufacturability, reliability, cost and time constraints
- Creating and conducting product verification tests
- Creating and reviewing all documentation required for manufacturing and product support
- More than 3 years' experience in electronics circuit design in industry
- Knowledge and experience with both digital and analog circuitry
- Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and attention to details
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to drive tasks to completion
- Be an effective team player
- Hands on, with ability to effectively work on electrical and mechanical prototypes
- Flexible and quick to adapt to change
- Knowledge in bringing products from conception to production
- Experience with studio and commercial audio a plus
- Experience with microphones and tubes a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Extended health care, life, and disability benefit package after three months of employment
- Dental plan after 12 months of employment
- Optional pension plan after two years of employment, 2% with company match
- Profit sharing after two years of employment
- On-site fitness facility
Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we are
unable to personally contact each applicant. If selected for an interview,
you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your
Please don't apply unless you meet all mandatory requirements.
NOTE: If selected, we will contacted you within one week from submittal.
Do not send an email here if you are human: Gerroff
Email to apply, click here